Education Improvement Grant & Professional Learning Statement 2018/19
The purpose of the EIG and PLS is to improve the quality of teaching and learning within school. Schools are expected to maximise the use of this funding by introducing sustainable strategies which will lead to developing teaching and learning in the classroom and allow staff to plan for Curriculum For Wales (CFW)
As a school, we want to learn from the best practice in Wales and beyond by:
1. observing good practice across the Country.
2. integrating plans for CFW based on the 4 purposes with our and cluster schools
3. develop T&L opportunities based on action based research, White Rose Maths, CFW and Cymraeg Campus.
4. employ staff to work on small group interventions and pastoral support.
In 2018-19 Ysgol Bryn Hedydd School were allocated a total EIG of £21,174 and £5,888 for Professional Learning.
Ysgol Bryn Hedydd has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by GwE and Denbighshire Local Authority, to promote high expectations attainment and progress for all.
We have used the funding available to:
* Allow teachers non contact time to plan CFW and link current practice to this
* Allocation of time to work in their 'Core Groups' to focus on whole school improvement.
*Allocation of funding for staff to develop Welsh teaching through training and planning
* Rhyl Learning Community (RLC) Research Project in partnership with CIERIE (Bangor University and GwE) to support evaluation of existing interventions and facilitate ongoing research aimed at improving standards and wellbeing outcomes for current and future pupils. Also to develop capacity to collaborate on joint projects across the RLC that develops school to school working and proliferation of good practice.
The school is working on a peer to peer self evaluation project within RLC looking at how our SER document links with the CFW and the 4 purposes and how we can support, validate and enhance each school.
Croeso to our school website! We believe that every step of your child's education is as important as the one before. With this in mind, we strive continually to provide inspiring learning experiences for children.