Pupil Development Grant Statement 2018/19
The purpose of the Pupil Development Grant is to improve the educational attainment of pupils from low income families and who are entitled to free school meals (eFSM). Schools are expected to maximise the use of this funding by introducing sustainable strategies which will quickly lead to improved outcomes for pupils entitled to free school meals.
As a school, we want to learn from the best practice in Wales and beyond by:
1. planning interventions that focus on improving the attainment of pupils from deprived backgrounds, regularly monitoring pupils’ progress and evaluating the impact of the intervention.
2. integrating plans for the effective use of the PDG into the School Development Plan, basing our practice on sound evidence and including them as part of a whole school strategy.
3. balancing whole school strategies with targeted interventions to ensure that all learners entitled to free school meals benefit as individuals, whilst the whole school also develops its ability to support every learner to achieve their full potential.
In 2017-18 Ysgol Bryn Hedydd School were allocated a total Pupil Development Grant of £71,650.
Ysgol Bryn Hedydd has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by GwE and Denbighshire Local Authority, to promote high expectations attainment and progress and to remove barriers to learning for pupils entitled to this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
* Employ Teaching Assistants to work with small groups of children throughout the school to improve reading, literacy and numeracy.
* Allocation of Teaching Assistant time to undertake pastoral support for vulnerable pupils
* Rhyl Learning Community (RLC) Research Project in partnership with CIERIE (Bangor University and GwE) to support evaluation of existing interventions and facilitate ongoing research aimed at improving standards and wellbeing outcomes for current and future pupils. Also to develop capacity to collaborate on joint projects across the RLC that develops school to school working and proliferation of good practice.
It is not appropriate for the school to publish a detailed plan as it could identify individual pupils.
Welcome to our school website! We believe that every step of your child's education is as important as the one before. With this in mind, we strive continually to provide inspiring learning experiences for children.